21/07/2008

The rain in...

Spain was cold. It rained for two days that I was there and got down to a chilly 13 degrees - the same temperature in Sydney. One day I was all dressed up for a hot day, stuck my head out of the hotel and went up to get into warmer clothes.
Santander was lovely, though. Good surf beach, very pretty.
Not that I saw much of it - I was inside the conference the whole time. I had one day for shopping before going back to the UK to get the plane back to Oz.
Typically England took all of my money - I scarpered to the airport as I was running out, and hung around just to avoid spending money.
My talk was a success, I think. Lots of questions by various academics - some things I have to follow up on.
In all quite a good trip, although it's taken me a week to get over it, and I'm still tired.

1 comment:

Kai Gusto said...

There is something about travelling that really takes a lot of energy out of you, or anyone for that matter. To enlighten you and to expose who my wife and I are, have an insight into our private blog of our travels.

http://www.thejourneyabroad.blogspot.com/

Kai