21/04/2009

Don't spend money!

I bought a beautiful jacket yesterday. It's super funky and it looks really good. So today I've been avoiding spending money at all. Run away!
Mmmm. I've been marking work over the past few days. Interesting to note: the class that gets the bad rap is doing as well as the "good" class. Of course I omit to mention what course this is in a vain attempt to obscurificate the issue, but I think people shouldn't confuse "boisterous" with "bad". But then I'm teaching a fun course.
I'm doing well with the blog after a long drought, don't you think?
There's another memorial service on for the Browns of Kingslake this week. I'm going to try to make the funeral proper, as I think my little heart will break having to sit through another service. I feel Santo (both the Santos really but I refer to the senior) will need support as I feel he is bottling it all up for the funeral. J & M are doing better and I'm actually not too worried about them, as the mourning is progressing normally - albeit stifled through the coroner not releasing the bodies. It really is all a bit shite.
Other news a little altercation about neighbourhood rubbish as N has returned back from Melbourne. Stayed inside and out of it. Upstairs left stuff for the council, who of course didn't pick it up. Usual frictions. Duck head. Hide. DJ says I did the right thing staying out of it.
Lara popped in for a cuppa this arvo. She's been over to the old work to pick up her stuff. I predict tough times for those lovelies. Hope they grow stronger through it. Tough time to be looking for work.

No comments: