11/05/2009

Smoke and Mirrors

/*being gripe*/ I'm not one to complain, hardly! But this stimulus package thing is really pissing me off. We didn't get the stimulus payment for our little one last time around (no idea why). DJ's got his for this time around, but I won't be getting it, despite me being one of the lowest income earners I know. Two reasons, one is I got back all of my tax last year. Second reason: my PhD scholarship.
The irony is one of my students got paid twice. He earnt about the same as me, and got it again for being a student.
Hmmm. Oh well. No such thing as a free lunch. At least one of us got it. /*end gripe*/.

It's getting cooler, and Kate is on a growth spurt. She's just grown out of another pair of trousers, and she's getting short on warm PJ's so a shopping trip to La Maison de Target was in order. Mission Impossible. Took her leash/monkey and she was more than a little naughty at the shops.

Oh well. In other news, doing some serious modelling at the moment, improving the skillset yet again. Might apply for some "real" jobs as the business venture is a no show.

No comments: