04/10/2010

Rainy long weekend

Wouldn't you know it. A long weekend drenched in rain. The spring has turned to winter again, and the warm weather has given way to drizzle and overcast skies.
It was wet yesterday. I decided to bake some bread, success after 20 years of trying. Hooray!
Took Kate for a drive in the rain and in a break in the weather, found a park in Hunters Hill by the water. Played on the rocks and watched the boats on Paramatta River sploosh the waves onto our rock. We then went to Woolwich Ferry terminal and watched a man fishing. He caught a fish and Kate touched it. It wiggled out of her fingers onto the decking. The man threw it back into the water - too small for anything.
This week I made Kate 3 dresses no less, and today, wouldn't you know it she insists on wearing one of my old tops. Go figure.
DJ worked all last night. He is lucky to be working in a football club the night they played the Grand Final. They lost. He is very exhausted.
I've been extremely tired. I have no idea why. I can't sleep at night and I'm too tired for anything during the day. I'm sure it will pass, like everything.

No comments: