08/06/2007

Wild weather

Today in Sydney there was a bit of wild weather, and it's due to continue for the next day or so. Trees uprooted, ships run aground. Where we are there's only been a little wind and some pelting rain. But at work today two whole glass doors to a building were being replaced when I arrived.
There's something like 11 people missing due to their vehicles being worse for the wear with torrents of water. Unfortunately some of the missing are a family of five, which is worse than tragic.
Kate has been wearing her new coat and hat, which are extremely gorgeous. I've taken some pics which I must upload to my flickr account.
Anyways, news. Worked this morning, my usual Friday bludge. Kate was sleeping when he picked me up from work and we dropped him off. I put her in her bed straight from the car and when she woke up, no D, just me. She was not amused and wanted to know where her daddy was. By screaming. So I suggested we go shopping. So we piled into the car to go out - I wanted to buy some stuff but it was mostly to distract bubby.
D had to work today and rang me around 3 to get the car. I'd just pulled into Chatswood, so he saved me from a fate worse than wasting money.
We had a lovely swordfish dinner, and D went back to work. He's preferring to cook at home rather than eat pasta or pizza at his work. He says he's sick of the food there, never any meat, only flour based stuff.
I'm trying to work out what I'll be teaching next semester. It's all a bit of a mystery at the moment.

No comments: