24/08/2007

So....

Long time no writey. I've been slacking and panicing over my PhD candidature, which I now appear to have passed.
My supervisor has gone OS for a month, so we're going to Skype it, which will be fun. Or disasterous. Or both. I probably will forget to take the headphones and it will all stuff up as usual.
I'm feeling inadequate lately. Mostly because I'm losing every game of online scrabble I'm playing. Not that I've really played too much scrabble in my time, but I do profess to be good with words. But I'm beginning to realise it's all about tactics. Which is a bit of a reflection on life, really.
I feel like I'm standing on sand. It keeps slipping out from beneath my feet and I have to constantly work at standing upright. I feel I need a holiday, and I realised today that I haven't actually had one, a proper one, in about 3 years. We didn't go on a honey moon, and moving here could really be counted as a holiday. D is looking forward to his impending trip. I wish we were going with him.

No comments: