17/10/2009

Sadness and Joy

I've been watching "Love Actually" on TV. Made me very melancholic about Engerland. I miss it. Yet I don't. I feel a little like DJ in that things haven't gone particularly well here in Oz. But we're surviving. Our little one is getting bigger.
Watching the end of the film, where people hug their loved ones at the airport reminded me of when I came back from New Orleans that time. No hugs for me. Not even a kiss. Was that 2 years before we split up? He put me through torture, that one.
It makes me so sad when I think about those times. Not good times. Not then.
We went to Katoomba yesterday and I was a little sad there too. I loved it up there. And didn't.
I'm a bit weepy today. Shouldn't ponder the past. Le passe est le passe. Laise tombe.
I really miss London. I've been missing it more and more lately. I know that things change, people move on. Even if we went back, it wouldn't be the same. The past is another country. Rang the ABC to enquire about a job there today. Laise tombe. The man on the other end of the phone was horrible. Don't these people realize that they are ambassadors for their company when they speak dismissively to folk on the phone. Put me right off.
Anyways sad right now. But also very happy. DJ and Kate are lovely and are my joy. Absolute joy.
Spent today transcribing again. Not progressing as fast as I'd hoped, but it was the lovely Kaz, who is quite loquatious. God rest my aching fingers.

No comments: