30/04/2014

Long time no blog

Well I've been working as usual, just had a little holiday. Went up to Coffs to stay with a friend who has bought a farmlet up there. DJ stayed and worked, but Kate and I had a wonderful time. Really lovely time, marred by the fact that I've had a belly wog for the past few days. I hope it's food poisoning and not gastro, as I don't want anyone else to get it.
I'm become resigned to the concept that after five years of hard slog that I'm probably not going to get a gig as an academic, so I'm still hanging on like grim death with my "casual" teaching job - which is more than a full time load. I find the inequities so much more than I can bear to think about. So I don't.
Society here is mooching along. Abbott is making the same mistakes that all politicians do. The greens are increasingly looking like the voice of sanity, and Shorten hasn't quite found his sea legs yet. MH370 is still missing. Who would have thought in this day an age that an entire airliner could just vanish? It's such a wonderful (and tragic) mystery.
 I really haven't paid too much attention to this blog in the past year, I've been busy blogging on tutorials over at http://www.chatteuracademy.com. I've also been madly instagramming. I really enjoy taking photos, but DJ doesn't seem to think too much about it. He has been hinting that I should buy a decent camera, but I think that's because he would like to use it. I don't know that I mentioned that he bought a new car a year ago. I just love it. I don't drive it too often, but it's just lovely. Great choice. We drove it up to Coffs and it makes driving a pleasure.

No comments: