28/02/2016

Jewellery and other such compulsive behaviour

Hi All,
I've been busy making jewellery. Why? Well obviously it's not for selling, I've barely sold any. My lovely sister gave me a massive box of beads over summer, and I offloaded a whole bunch of my previously made jewellery at a gallery in Balmain.
The gallery is called Breathing Colours and the owner keeps on forgetting who I am and that I have quite a bit of jewellery exhibited at her joint.I am another nobody, a forgettable nothing.
So why do I continue to make the stuff? Well (and here I must mention that I made the first title of this containing the word "addictive" but strictly speaking wanting to do something like this is a compulsion. I learned that little error after my monstering after my TEDex talk on gaming). I find it relaxing. It keeps my mind off the disappointments in life.
And disappointed I am indeed. It seems no matter how hard you struggle, you study, you work hard, that no-one wants to employ an intelligent 50+ woman with a PhD.
So I bead. It keeps my heart full and my mind calm.
I'm so jacked off with the whole employment thing that I feel I want to quit this struggle. And why not? I've paid off the flat. I'm paying off the investment house.
I swear I'm overdue an overseas trip. I'm overdue luck. I'm overdue success. I suspect that my luck has run out. I took all my good fortune for granted and now I'm struggling working piecemeal in an industry that doesn't employ people like me full time, let alone permanent.

Now I shall stop whinging and get back on that mother fucker of a horse and keep on riding.

Twistidd out.

No comments: