24/02/2007

Sticky Saturday

It's sticky. I mean it's not that blisteringly hot sticky that stops you from sleeping at night and makes you lie awake covered in sweat. No, it's a 27 degree sticky that has had Baby K covered in sweat from head to toe all day - right up until I ripped off all her clothes and let her run around in a nappy.
Either that or she has a fever, but to be truthful, I think it's a combination of both.
The Berber was invited to go play soccer today, but didn't go because of the heat. Ironically it started cooling down around 2pm and then poured all evening.
It's still sticky though.
And I've discovered I have an earache. Which is probably why Baby K's been wingey all day too.
I was supposed to do some study today, but to be honest I'm too tired. The stickyness and the lack of sleep are weighing down on me like a dead thing.
The movie "The Mummy" was on tele tonight, and I don't mind it, even if it is a laughable plot line. I fell asleep on the couch and awoke covered in sweat.
So needless to say I've been a bit lazy today.
We went exploring at Woolwich, due to Berber's desire to see the harbour. I've never really been snooping around the peninsula, so it was fun. We found a decent place with a view at the ferry wharf. Nice.

No comments: