04/08/2011

Ian Trout Passes

Very sad, this week Ian passed away after some months battling with cancer. I saw him last week, and I will miss him very much.
A legend in Australian gaming, Ian Trout and his partner my dear friend Roger Keating have published over 50 gaming titles. From the classic "Reach for the Stars" through to the games I was involved in, Warlords Battlecry, Warlords II, III and Reach for the Stars 2. Once of his latest works was Carriers at War.
I consider myself part of the Trout extended family, although not related, he has been like a grandfather to my daughter and a great support to me.
I will miss his erascable wit, incisive clarity of thought and no-nonsense attitude.
Gregor Whiley, SSG's producer and Roger Keating have been at port at the safe harbour of TAFE for the past few months during Ian's illness, helping us out teach the next generation of game developers.
I am really looking forward to SSG firing up the engines again for the the next great battle in the world of strategy gaming.
God bless you Ian. I loved you like a father and will miss you terribly.

No comments: