29/08/2011

Submission!

Oh my goodness, these two weeks have been very stressful. We managed to print and bind the PhD last Friday, only to discover that an entire chapter was missing! Also some spelling mistakes and general rattiness. So we had to go back, re-edit and do it all over again.
The lovely Jen, who was helping me edit the thing was very very upset. No worries, if that's the worse that ever happens, life will be good. We had time to resubmit, so no problemo!!
We worked over the entire weekend getting it back into shape and we reprinted last night and today the lovely Jen resubmitted. Her blood is worth bottling. What a champion.
I know Andy's none too happy with the quality of the writing, but I'll have a chance to tweak after the assessors have had a chance to look at it. I noticed I lost focus when I re-read it so some further clarity is required. At the very least, it's in, it's done, and I can take some time out to do other things.
My gorgeous daughter Kate was so good hanging out at Uni over the weekend. We had lots of colouring in and stuff for her to do. What an amazing child. If it wasn't for DJ, I wouldn't have found all of the errors, as he told me to go back through it in detail. What a team we are.
I will ever be in their debt, the lovely Jen, DJ and Kate. And Andy too. This project would not have been achieved without them.

No comments: