04/04/2007

Fair sailing

Things are good. I mean really good.
My work is going well, the students are learning nicely. Uni meeting was good today, supervisor appears happy. I've done a bit of work on it this week, so I'm happy.
K has a new pair of shoes courtesy of her lovely father, who is happy because he's got the next 6 days off.
Even my nephew is happy. I've been chatting to him online, he's just bought himself his first car.
K is eating for England at the moment. I mean I can actually feel the difference when I pick her up daily now, she's really stacking on the weight. Which is good because she went for a bit where she didn't appear to be doing much about 6 weeks ago.
D went swimming today and has crashed out on the couch. I'm pretending to be doing study, which I assure you I shall start in a bit.
I actually cooked a really good steak tonight. I mean I think it's about the second best I've ever done - the best being an unusually tender cut I did some 10 years ago purely by accident. So even our tummies are happy.
Our house settles next week, so I spent some time on the phone hassling people to find out what needs doing. I shall expect a phone call tomorrow - I shall call them if it doesn't eventuate, they appear to be leaving things very late. Gulp.

So all in all, fair sailing with some choppy water ahead.

No comments: