31/03/2007

Chillin out

So, I was supposed to go to lunch with my friend John from Yass today, but he's only got an hour for lunch and I really like to spend more time with him. So I cancelled, which was sad, but he wanted to meet in the city, which involves traffic, expensive or non-obtainable parking and travel time. His preferred time was 1pm, by which time Kate would have been screaming with hunger and general mayhem would have ensued. Of course my main reason for cancelling was that D has decided that he's allergic to going to the city and didn't want to go for just one hour. He's probably also mindful that Kate is terrible in restaurants.
I mean terrible. Our lovely little girl turns into a raging monster at restaurants. She gets bored, frustrated and generally a bad time is had by all.
So we went to Balmain instead. D wanted to see if there were any markets nearby, I said yes, but it really depends on what you want to buy. The ones in Rozelle, where we popped in for a bit, are really a second hand market, and the one in Balmain is more giftware. So we ended up going to the Rozelle markets, or more precisely I stayed in the car while Kate slept and he went to see them. Coming back disappointed he said they were full of second hand rubbish... I did tell him that.
So in the end we went to Birkenhead point, listened to some free music and generally chilled out. D managed to buy some stuff by wandering off solo, I fed Kate. I got the impression D didn't want me to spend money today. \oo/
Anyways, got home and I had a nap!!! Rah!
Now D has gone to work and Kate has passed out. Which is unlike her to have two sleeps these days, but she took herself off to bed, so she must have wanted it.
She'll probably wake later and never want to go to bed.
Think I'll take the opportunity to do some study, now the blog is done. Of course I'll fire up the computer and she'll wake up immediately.

Things of note: It's earth hour this evening. Turn off all lights between 7.30 and 8.30. Note to self - don't forget and get the candles out.

Oh yes, I saw a lovely little animation by Nick Hilligard (I know that name from somewhere) on the ABC. Stop frame, environmental in theme. Done by the Natural history unit. Nice. All about anteaters and termites. Me likee.

No comments: