21/03/2007

Calm with stormy waters ahead

Wednesdays are always insanely busy. Up around 6.30 (well actually it was 5am - I managed to get K to go back to sleep), feed baby. She's eating cereal now, real grown up stuff with no farex (rice cereal) in sight. Sultana Bran with good old sun filled aussie sultanas. Then get ready, go to work and teach the TV students their 3D class. They're actually getting the hang of it now, I'm pleased.
Today I rushed back home cause the Berber wanted to go into town, picked up he and K and raced into Uni in time for the seminar. Then (take a deep breath) I had to give a practice seminar for the real thing next week. I'm nervous, those guys don't give much quarter, being the keenly intelligent types that they are. One hole in your arguments and they'll dig you ever deeper.
Anyway, finished after some brilliant comments from Andy and Lucilla (supervisor and fellow student) I should be on track for next week.
Went back to the car to find the Berber and K playing in the park nearby. It was lovely. Simply lovely, K gave a big "HI" and then decided she'd run away from me. Hilarious. The Berber greeted me with the most loveliest of smiles. (Awww).
Back home and they went to do a shop while I did the speediest clean I've done in ages. K doesn't like me to do the dishes. She wraps herself around my legs and whinges at me. So it's best I do them when she's out.
Then little person's bath, to bed and I sneak out to watch a DVD with the Berber. Really good one, a true story about one man's struggle in apartheid South Africa.
Tomorrow promises to be equally as busy. Deep breath.
I've got so much work to do with this PhD I'm feeling like I'm sinking before I start. Calm right now, stormy waters ahead.

No comments: