02/03/2007

Looking inside in tiny iterations

I think this blog is pure self indulgence. A bit like looking inside in tiny iterations. You know like the fractal, where you keep on going in and in and in and never quite finding that true heart, the kernel of truth or understanding.
My life has become smaller, yet at the same time richer, more fulfilling. I'm contented, sorted - hell, I'm happy.
Of course I do have occasional guilt trips over the "I should get a real job" and stuff, but the cost (and I'm not talking currency here) of putting a 1 year old into childcare, especially the soulless places I've looked at, simply chills me to the bone. I'm happier and I suspect so is she with the current situation.
However, I must do more on my PhD. Not that it's the beginning and end of all things, but it is a pleasant diversion. I suspect I'd go mad without it.
I miss my friends in London. But at least I can catch up online I guess. Not really the same, is it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.