26/03/2007

Grasshopper

Spent the day at uni struggling with my presentation for this Wednesday. It's coming together but I see gaps in the thinking.
My supervisor gave me feedback on the proposal and the ink flowed freely. The email he sent was quite damning and I'm a bit down about it all. What's very difficult to tell in how bad it is, whether it just needs a spit and polish or if the whole thing needs throwing out. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear or whatever.
I'll bow to the master and be a good little grasshopper.
In other news - well the Lane Cove Tunnel is now open, happily shovelling the mindless into a new revenue making machine for the govt/private alliance that seem to be monopolising the roads here in Sydney. Came home over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the traffic along Longueville Road is SUBSTANTIALLY reduced. So it looks like we'll get our suburb back at long last.
The Berber was happy when I came home, having had a chilled out morning with his daughter. The weather has turned for the cooler, overcast today which is quite nice.
Went to a wicked seminar at Uni too, a dude who works in visual effects and is also an architect. Me likee. Makes me wonder why I'm doing this e-learning bollocks when all I really want to do is sfx.
I guess life is what we make it, eh?

No comments: